Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Spelling word puzzle practice


Need ideas to help your kids practice his/her spelling words.  This is one of our favorites.  I outline index cards with markers (it was to show them which way the letters go, but we have now added a line under the word also, the o, u, and n are very tricky).  I do each word in a separate color to help them out. 
Some day I'll figure out how to edit things on here, until then you get a sideways picture.  I think you get the point though.
 
Then I cut the puzzles apart in between each letter.
I store the whole weeks group of words in a ziploc bag.  Some of these words actually go along with their reading stories but some are just sight words so we can reuse these at a later date.  I did not laminate them because they held up pretty well for a couple days but you certainly could do so if you chose to.

No comments:

Post a Comment