Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas Countdown Day 6

For Day 6 of our Countdown I will tell the kids the nativity story using the pieces of a Nativity scene.  I first found this idea on Ministry-To-Children.com
It originally was meant as 4 Sunday lessons but I choose to do it as one long one.  I love that it gives Bible reading selections for each nativity "character" and has questions already prepared.  If you are interested in checking it out to use for yourself you can find it here.
 
After we tell the story we will color these stand up Nativities I ordered a few years ago from Oriental Trading.  I could not find that they carry this still.  However if you wanted to order something here are some other reasonably priced color your own nativity crafts at Oriental Trading.
 
Gift giving, receiving, Santa, lights, decorations and all that is fun I think, but we must teach our kids the real meaning of Christmas.  Don't let the all the festivities take away from what is most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment