Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Activities for kids

I love Thanksgiving time.  I think it sometimes gets a little overshadowed by Christmas.  (Don't get me wrong, I love all things Christmas).  I've tried to make a point several days this month to talk to the kids about being thankful.  Really though it is something we should do all the time, not just the month of November. 


Here are some activities I'm doing with our kids and some I'm doing with my toddlers at church:

Pumpkin painting (yes, I'm the crazy lady that thinks painting with toddlers is a good idea).  I found tons of pumpkin coloring pages just by googling pumpkin coloring pages.

I have already done a post about my favorite Thanksgiving/Fall craft...you can find it here.  It is a turkey made using kids hand and foot prints.  Love it!

We are also going to be doing some pumpkin bowling in our toddler class.  I often use themed bowling games for our little kids.  I merely change out the tags on my bowling pins :)

Another favorite of mine is pin the feathers on the turkey.  I also use the pin the...on the...game a lot with little kids.  I don't usually blindfold them but they do so love to add their pictures to a paper.  With the turkey feathers we will talk a lot about colors with the toddlers.

We will also making this cute guy.  I found him at my favorite site DLTK-kids.  If you want instructions or patterns you can find them here.
Making this cute guy with my toddlers on Sunday.  Check out my blog later today if you are looking for other thanksgiving ideas for kids.

One last activity we will be doing is making a Thanksgiving crown similar to the one here.  It was also found at DLTK-kids, here are instructions if you are interested.
Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 (The message Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment